Thursday, November 21, 2013

Zen Zest Tea Tree Oil Review

Hello people! Second post for today, hooray!

I'm here again to share a review about one of the products that has been effective on my skin so far. It's the Zen Zest Tea Tree Oil. :)


So, what's special about it? Nothing actually, aside from the fact that it works on me, and that's not something I can take for granted. Few products work on my extremely oily and frustratingly sensitive skin. boohoo :(

First of all, I feel bound to discuss the wonders of Tea Tree Oil. According to this article:

"Tea tree oil is a great natural alternative for getting rid of pimples. It has unique disinfecting and soothing properties and, unlike other acne treatments, tea tree oil will not strip your skin of its natural oils and cause further damage."

Wow, that sounds really awesome, right? It basically promises to give you a pimple-free skin the natural way without making it dry. Of course I just had to jump at that bandwagon, like every other person wishing for an acne-free skin. :D

Before I bought this stuff, I did my research first and the reviews I read really convinced me to try it out. I was aiming for TBS Tea Tree Oil but I find it too pricey for its size so I just settled with the Zen Zest Tea Tree Oil 15mL which I bought for just Php150. It's so cheap that's why I didn't have second thoughts about buying it. You can't go wrong with an affordable and natural product, yes? Yes.


What I did was I mixed it with my current witch hazel toner right now. I just added some few drops if Tea Tree Oil in my bottle of Witch Hazel Toner and shook it real well. I really enjoyed that part, it was like doing witchcraft  and chemistry laboratory experiment with my face as a test subject. Yey for me being a guinea pig! :>

The Witch Hazel Toner mixed with Tea Tree Oil smells weird. haha! But together, they work perfectly. My skin has been acting up lately because it's my time of the month and yet they effectively made my pores a bit more refined now and the Tea Tree Oil helps me get rid of the occasional zit. I also use this as a spot treatment for cystic pimples brought by my weirdo hormones. The bottle will last you for months so you can do a lot of experimenting with it like mixing it with your facial and body washes and scrubs. You can even use it to get rid of head lice. (not that I have lice. haha!)

Positives:
  • Affordable! Only Php150 for a 15mL bottle that will last you for months! 
  • Effective! Yes, it may not actually prevent pimples for good but it helps in zapping them in as fast as 3 days.
  • Natural! No more benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinine, salicylic acid, tretinoin and all the other toxic-sounding products which are also extremely harsh for our skin.
  • It also has a load of uses aside from acne treatment. Google them! ^^
Negatives:
  • The only thing I don't like about this is the dropper. I'm not sure how to dispense the product properly. I sometimes even find myself squeezing the glass as if it's actually squeezable, but nah. :| haha
Neutral:
  • The scent! It reminds me of rubber, leather and shoe polish. lol. It takes a lot of getting used to
Overall, I am loving this tea tree oil. I'm considering to go all organic with my skin rituals now. I'm gonna rate this 9 over 10! :D

12 comments:

  1. we're same.. i have this hormonal problem. i will surely try this tea tree oil. thanks for the info dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading! i sure hope that one day there will be some miracle product that'll just zap any kind of hormonal problems we have, that would be really cool, wouldn't it?. :D

      Delete
  2. HI where we can find zen zest shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi @dairymple mende uhm.. i just want to say that i bought mine at SM megamall . while walking along the way i saw the zen zest shop.

      Delete
    2. There are a lot of Zen Zest branches at SM Malls and Ayala Malls Ms. dairymple mende. Or you can check out their fb page to see which one is most conveniently located for you. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  3. hahaha i can really relate most probably the negative part which is about the dropper ? >_< oh yeah haha it's so weird.. but i'm just a bit doubtful because i use tea tree oil every night using a cotton but i had already used it for weeks and i feel that nothing has changed in my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you shouldnt use a cotton when applying the oil because the cotton will just absorb all the oil and give you less. better use ur finger, i always make sre that my hands are clean and sterilized. and make sure that your face is also clean when applying the oil. I actually use The Body Shop: tea trea oil. its really working on me. My acnes are lessening and my dark spots are clearing up. YAY for me. Good Luck!

      Delete
  4. I will try to use Zen zest! but i think my skin has already settled wil TBS tea tree oil! SAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you bought your witch hazel toner po? And how much? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it at Zen Zest SM North for only 150 pesos. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  6. I have extremely oily face, is this advisable for me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete