Thursday, November 21, 2013

Beyond Care Skin Lightening Body Lotion in Moonlight Breeze Review

Hi everyone! How was your week so far? Mine was busy as usual. I had a lot to juggle this week. So many deadlines, so little time. Boohoo. Writing blogposts is fast becoming my stress reliever. :\

Anyhoot, today let's talk about lotions and hot guys! lol. I have a love-hate relationship with lotions ever since I was a kid. You know how hot it gets here in the Philippines, right? So slathering on lotion all over your body may always lead to sticky and greasy feeling after a few hours under the sun.

Am I the only one who looks like this when the going gets hot? HAHA
Imagine this scenario: You were in a hurry so you just slathered that lotion all over your skin like there's no tomorrow. You left the house feeling super greasy and you just know that your skin is sticky because the lotion is not yet absorbed. Then poof! A very handsome, smokin hot dude appears right in front of you. You bumped into him and felt his cool just-got-out-of-the-car skin stick with your greasy ones and saw him recoil in disgust! Oh the horror! :O What to do now?! Would you just look down and walk away? Or would you have the guts to tell him it's just lotion and he can smell it if he wants to *wink wink* even if that seems gross. :D

That scenario is exactly what I am avoiding (I'm avoiding it because if J knew about that, I'll never hear the end of it. I hope he doesn't read this. haha). Well, we can always skip lotion after bath but what if we go to an airconditioned room and end up having dry skin instead?! The type of scratchy-dry skin where you can write your grocery list on or even solve math problems using your nails. This has always been my problem ever since that's why I hate putting on lotion during daytime!

At night however, lotion is LOVE <3 lol. I prefer to put on greasy lotion at night and I don't know why! I just sleep better that way *laughs*. I honestly can't sleep without putting lotion on my feet because I have this habit of rubbing my moisturized feet together before I sleep, it's my pampaantok. haha!

Due to my varying preferences for lotion, I had to buy different lotions for my night and day time routines. This review is for my current night-time lotion, Beyond Care Skin Lightening Body Lotion in Moonlight Breeze.

Yes this is not a narrative tale, it's a review. Sorry for the lenghty intro, I just love talking and I'm in the mood to make graphical descriptions of imaginary, non-existent, hot guys. So yeah, sorreh. Without further ado, here's the review:



"Beyond Care Skin Lightening Body Lotion moisturizes, lightens, and softens your skin. Beyond Care offers a festive array of fragrantly blended lotions. Each day experience a new feeling of excitement."


I bought this lotion at Watsons, my ultimate happy place, for more or less than Php100. I forgot the exact price because I bought this like 2 months ago lol but it's really affordable.

Positive:
-It's moisturizing enough
-Non sticky
-Super affordable, Php100 for 500mL
-Proudly made in the Philippines
-Smells great! It has a floral fragrance that I love because it isn't overwhelming.

Negative:
-It takes a while before it gets absorbed
-I once used this during daytime and I became soooo greasy and sticky. lol
-It doesn't really lighten nor soften my skin, but I actually didn't expect it to.

Neutral:
-It has paraben. I'm not exactly paranoid about parabens  but because of everything I read about parabens, I prefer to use products without it just to be safe.

Overall, I love this lotion for my night-time rituals ONLY. I find it too sticky for daytime. And because it takes a while to get absorbed into the skin, I can't use it when I'm in a hurry, unless I don't mind having sticky skin.

To be fair, I bought this lotion because when I tried it at watsons it felt moisturizing and it smells great. So for a night-time lotion, this one gets the job done fragrantly! I therefore rate it 8 over 10. <3

Till next review!
xoxox

5 comments:

  1. like you i'm looking for a non sticky lotion :) i find vaseline a non sticky and easily absorbed in skin too but i use Lander Whitening Lotion as of now anyway regarding parabens i think most of the cosmetics products has a parabens because it is use as a preservatives practically non-toxic because they rapidyl absorbed however it can cause irritation to those individuals with paraben allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! So that's why some people are avoiding parabens! I thought they trigger cancer cells (like Hydroquinone) or something equally horrifying. I've been eying Lander lotions for some time now because I usually see them at Watsons and supermarket shelves and they're really affordable. Does it really whiten? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a “not so” popular product, but I’ll try it – only if I’d be able to find it at supermarkets.

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it's really not popular at all :D i just gave it a try because i'm looking for an affordable lotion to use for my feet, plus the scent is nice :)

      Delete
  4. Note: a micron (known also as a micrometer) is one-millionth of a meter. Far infrared rays, including non-purified FIR rays, range between 4 to 1,000 microns. in n out for diabetic friendly

    ReplyDelete