Friday, November 22, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

Hi! I'm back with another product review and this time it's for an item I got from my July BDJ Box! It's the Revlon Colorbust Lip Butter in the shade of 025 Peach Parfait! :D


Now, you might wonder why it took 4 months for me to review this lippie, well it's because I don't actually use this regularly. Honestly, I rarely use this at all. Read on to find out why. :P

When I first saw this inside my BDJ box, my initial reaction was child-like excitement! Holy freakin popsicles, a Php500+ Revlon lippie is finally one of my make-up stash! After all my hype, I started to think sensibly and that's when all the lipstick-related questions occurred to me. Will the shade suit my skin tone? Will it be matte, creamy or glossy? Is it pigmented? Is it moisturizing? and many more! But the most predominant question was: "Will the peach-shade actually show on my already highly pigmented lips?"

I'm apprehensive when it comes to peach-colored lipstick because I've tried A LOT of them but not one matched my skin tone. They either made me look sick or they just won't show on my lips.

First let's talk about this collection from Revlon. According to their website:
  • Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
  • Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
  • Sheer to medium color with buttery shine  
  • Available in 20 luscious shade
Out of the 20 luscious shades, I got Peach Parfait:

 I was trying to focus the camera on the bullet so I could show you the shimmers but it just won't focus there! haha. So anyway, this shade has shimmers (or should I call them glitters? lol) which I'm not really fond of. I prefer lipsticks that shines silkily rather than shimmery, or better yet, I prefer them creamy and a bit matte.

When I saw the color of the bullet and swatch it on my hand, I just knew it wouldn't exactly be visible on my lips and I was right. The color was too sheer.

Warning: extremely weird picture of my lips on the next images. haha

This is my bare lips:
Bare violet lips ~(o_o)~
See! My lips are already pigmented. I don't know why my lips has a weird violet-mauve-brown color combination but let me make this clear, I don't smoke! lol

Now, after 2 swipes of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter here's what it looks like:

Okay, like I said, it's not really pigmented. It did made my lips pinkish than usual and it also added a lot of shimmer which is actually cute! However, I don't like wearing shimmers on my lips everyday because I like to keep my look as natural as possible so I don't reach for this lippie on a daily basis.

Positives:
  • Moisturizing! I always skip my lip balm whenever I'm wearing this because it doesn't dry out my lips.  
  • Many shades to choose from!  
  • Staying power is okay. 
  • Glides on smoothly
  • Smells yummy!
  • The glitter/shimmer particles are fine so it doesn't clump on my lips
Negatives:
  • Too glittery in my opinion. Whenever I have this on, my guy friends would always ask me if I ate Lechon for lunch which basically translates to "Hey dude, your lips are so shiny that I can almost see my reflection from it."
  • The coverage of this shade is too sheer for me. It's more like a lip gloss without any lip coloring properties.
Neutral:
  • The price. I think this retails for Php525 and you get 2.55g of the product. For girls on a tight budget, this isn't exactly affordable but close enough. :)
Will I repurchase? Yes, I'll be getting a different shade though. More pinkish or reddish  than this one.

Overall, I like this lippie and maybe I would've loved it if I got a more pigmented shade. I'll rate this 7.5/10.

Thanks for reading! ♥

5 comments:

  1. I have a love and hate with this lip balm. I cannot stand the glitters but it's so gorgeous on me!... hehe~

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here! I hate the glitters :( thanks for reading! how about we follow each other? ;)

      Delete
  2. great color :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete