Sunday, April 28, 2013

Unwinding at Body Tune Traditional Thai Massage

Hi dears!~ On my first blog post I mentioned about my eggziting SPA ESCAPADE adventure and at last boyfriend and I finally found the time to have a spa together! Yey. :>

After watching Iron Man 3 (which by the way, is so awesome I almost died! >.< lol) we both decided to try out Body Tune Traditional Thai Massage at SM North EDSA. This is actually our first time ever to have a spa so we were really excited, anxious and conscious at the same time.  Being senior engineering students, we're always busy and stressed with our subjects and all our projects (imagine all that math)! I've been meaning for us to have a couples spa because I felt like I'm always tired and on the edge these past few weeks so when we had an extra time, I grabbed the opportunity.

We didn't know what to expect when we went inside Body Tune. We didn't even know the different types of massage and what it does to your body but we opted for Swedish Massage, just because I've heard a lot about it from other people who always go to spas. 

After making the arrangements at their counter, they ushered us to our room. The room was dimly lit and it has these cute little lamps on top of our lockers. It has two beds which can be separated by a divider in between if you want some more privacy. After changing into our robes and shorts, pink for me and blue for him (how cute!~), we proceeded to the sauna. The idea of sprinkling water over hot stones amuses me so I insisted on doing that task for the whole 15 mins. of hot and steaming time that we were inside the sauna. After the 15 mins. of sauna time, we took a shower in preparation for our massage. The masseuse gave us soaps and towels, male and female shower areas are separated and I assume it's one of their common areas.

That's the little lamp I'm talking about :)
Here comes the most exciting part! The massage! Yey! We were asked to lay face down on the bed, and then the masseuse applied oil on my skin and then started the swedish massage. I couldn't tell if the oil has a scent because I didn't really smell anything.The massage itself was really relaxing, I might have dozed off if I wasn't so conscious about my body. Remember this is my first time to have a massage and no one ever saw me in my undies except myself so I'm a bit hesitant with the whole body massage. After the swedish massage was our scalp treatment wherein they will put this sticky scalp cream in your head, this is my favorite part actually because the Mentholated cream soothed me. Too bad we didn't get the names of our masseuse and I think they also forgot to introduce themselves to us. After that relaxing body massage, they asked us if we want some coffee, being a coffee lover of course I said yes! My boyfriend didn't bother with it though. They went out of the room for a bit and told us to relax, when they came back they gave us two hot towels each and my cup of coffee!


Coffee, hot towels and the tip envelopes!


Because this is my first time to have a spa, I don't really have any experience to compare this with. Next week we'll be having a couples spa (again!) at MBay Health Spa, maybe after that I can make a comparison. ;)

Overall, we enjoyed our first ever spa experience! Thanks Body Tune Traditional Thai Massage. 

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Ann for you wonderful review! We enjoyed providing you and your boyfriend a deeply relaxing and sleep-inducing spa experience :) We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for choosing BODY TUNE Spa :) - https://www.facebook.com/bodytunetraditionalthaimassage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ann for wonderful tip. I like to have a massage therapist come to my house, get a massage, take a bath, go to bed. That's a perfect night alone for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way to pamper yourself! At least you don't have to go into the hassles of visiting a spa because you can have a massage at home. :)

      Delete
    2. BTW, thank you so much for reading my blog and I'm glasd you enjoyed it! ^_^

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I think a massage do wonder to body muscles. Thank you for the post.
    massage chair
    vending massage chair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! thanks for reading. Yes i agree, a massage can really ease tense muscles. Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. It was really helpful Thank you for sharing.
    Body to Body Massage in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now day, everything is going to find a new but well settled and successful stream for their career. When I came to this blog, I really impressed by all the knowledge points mentioned here. Thank you for this assistance.เป็นสิวที่หลัง

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. massagechairtable.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. Massage Chair pad

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read your post and specially about the food, I really appreciate your post, thanks for sharing this amazing post with us and please keep sharing this type of post. Asian massage

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking for such an informative post for a long time. Thank you for this post.Thank you for sharing your expertise. This post is very helpfulConstruction Equipment Rental Companies in India

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this great blog! I really enjoy every bit of it and I've bookmarked to check new things you post.

    spa in bangalore

    body spa near me

    best spa in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been looking for a spa in bangalore that provides thai massage bangalore but it has been really difficult to find one. The thai spa near me is always booked and has no free slots most of the times and i wish to get a thai massage from the best spa in bangalore very soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even I had a similar experience when I got into one of the spa in bangalore. I never really knew what they did and out of their menu I chose to pick thai massage bangalore services and had a wonderful experience!! Until then I never really knew how a massage session at one of the best spa in bangalore could do wonders to you.

    ReplyDelete