Friday, May 10, 2013

Awesome Day at MBay Health Spa

Good morning earthlings! I should have made this review a week ago, but I couldn't find the time to blog! Anyway, last saturday (May 4) boyfie and I had a spa date again! This time we used the voucher I bought from Ensogo a few weeks ago. The deal is for a Premium Room Package for 2 at MBay Health Spa which includes 75 minutes Authentic Massage in a Premium Room for 2 persons, access to private shower, common sauna rooms, whirlpool and steam bath plus an exclusive 40% off on body scrubs! All those are valued at P2,600 but I only got it for P1,200! Its such a steal, right? So when I saw it at ensogo, I immediately decided to buy it as an advanced gift for our 26th monthsary! (yes, we celebrate monthsaries lol)

I called for a reservation like 3 weeks before our desired date just to make sure and then I called again a week prior to redemption to confirm our appointment. I even chatted with their customer service support in Facebook and asked about the promo, they were actually really accommodating in answering all my questions. We eventually decided to add P800 to upgrade our deal from a premium room to a Royal room where we have our own steam bath, shower, and CR plus it has the best ambiance compared to their other rooms.

The experience:

Finally, it's May 4! Oh my I was so excited that we arrived so early there! Our reservation was actually 1pm, I think that's their opening time, and we were there by 12:50! I didn't wanna go in before 1pm so we initially planned to walk around the area but the place is actually full of "tambays"  (oh please forgive my conyo!) so we ditched that idea. Not that we're being judgmental, but hey, it's better safe than sorry.

We went in at exactly 1pm, and no one was at their reception area, I guess because we were too early? We waited for a few minutes before someone showed up. This isn't a big deal for me actually, but I just thought to myself "why did they allow me to schedule for 1pm if they were not really prepared for a customer by that time?" Anyway, moving on... the receptionist asked for my voucher and a valid ID. Then she told us to wait at their foot spa area so we could watch TV while waiting to be ushered to our room. One of the staff was sweeping the floors there and she told us "ang aga nyo naman ma'am", I just told her "yeah, we we're scheduled for 1pm and I didn't wanna be late." If it wasn't for this, our MBay Experience would've been perfect.
The interior of MBay Health Spa looks really posh and elegant. I regret that I didn't take photos of the place. :( We waited for a few minutes while they prepared our room and the steam bath. We got the royal room 1, and honestly, the room was really gorgeous! It's totally worth the 800 pesos additional fee. But, again, I forgot to take photos! Boohoo, here's what it looks like, i got this picture from MBay Health Spa fb page:
Royal Room 1
Believe me, it's really beautiful inside! What I like about this is it has complete toiletries which includes towels, lotion, free toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, hairbrushes etc. (i forgot the other stuffs! hehe) They even included a hair blower. There are two massage beds and we were given robes and shorts (in case we wanted to go outside the room). There was also a phone inside so we could ring for their services.

We opted to have a steam bath first. It was our first time to  have a steam bath and oh man! the steam was really... overwhelming! lol but it was okay, after the steam bath we actually felt refreshed and squeaky clean. We then took a bath and rang for the masseuse to start our 75 minute massage.

The Massage!

There's only one way to sum up our massage experience and it is AWESOME! Our masseuses was Miss Emma and Miss May, both of them are really skilled and professional. They did some kneading, stretching, popping, twisting, and lifting. I don't know how to put all that into words but trust me on this, that massage was worth the price you'll pay. I was utterly relaxed! We asked them what the massage was called and they told us it's their version of Swedish massage. I can only sing praises about our massage experience thanks to our skillful masseuses.

Right after the massage, they gave us these little papers where we will write on our names, our locker number and then the amount of tip we'll give our masseuse. Other people might find this disconcerting, but it's not such a big deal for me, they gave us great service after all so they deserve something for their hard work.

When they left our room, we got dressed and rang for coffee, this is part of the package so it's for free! Yey!! I'm just so in love with coffee right now. ~(o_o)~ hihi. We can stay inside the Royal Room for 3 hours including the 75 min. massage time, so we still had an hour to relax inside.

To sum these all up, I rate this experience 4.5 over 5 because boyfriend and I really had a great time! I recommend this place to anyone who would like to experience an authentic and unforgettable spa experience. Thank You MBay Health Spa! Till next time :)

17 comments:

  1. Wow, glad you had a great experience! This is my first time hearing about this spa. Thanks for sharing about your experience. The only thing we've purchased from Ensogo so far were tickets to Pyromusical last March. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was the show? Was it fun? I've never been to a pyromusical show! haha. This is my first and only purchase from Ensogo too, thank goodness it's legit. I've heard other people encountered problems with sites like these. :\

      Delete
  2. Hi, my boyfriend and I are also going to Mbay but we purchased a voucher from Cashcashpinoy instead. :P I wanna know about the use of facilities like the sauna and whirlpool, is it included in the 3 hour use of the room? Cos usually, we can use these facilities before the massage right? But I was wondering if they count it too in the actual 3 hours of stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Majo! Thanks for reading this post. :) I'm not entirely sure, but I remember reading something about that in one of the wall post on their fb page that you have the option to use those facilities for an hour before you have the massage and that 1-hour allowable time is not included in the 3-hour stay in the Royal Room. Only the 75-minute mmassage is included :) But to be sure, you can send them a message at facebook, they usually answer messages promptly. I hope you and your bf will enjoy your spa date like us!

      Delete
  3. Hello! i was also planning to buy this deal from metrodeal. thanks for the review! keep sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!I hope you'll have as much fun as we did. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Hi! hanny! mbay fanpage brought me here :) like you i'm a spa junkie and i always tag along my boyfriend :) i wanna try here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irish Fleur! Love your name! It's so girly! Mehehe~ Thanks for reading, it's so nice to meet someone who loves to go to spas too! MBay has superb facilities and the massage was really nice, go try it with your boyfie so both of you can have a relaxing and romantic time together! They currently have a promo at Metrodeal.ph ;) BTW, could you recommend any spa that's perfect for a Spa Date? I'm running out of options! Thanks!:)

      Delete
    2. Try Spa @ cocoon Boutique Hotel they have a rainy season promo :) or Zaphira Spa at Thunderbird Resort http://irishhandprints.blogspot.com/2013/03/zaphira-spa.html i also want to try Mont Albo Spa :)

      Mbay is next to my list :)

      Delete
  5. Hi!
    I'm curious if the premium room in the voucher has a private room for couples? or do you really have to upgrade to royal room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The premium room is a private room for couples, with two separate beds and your own shower and toilet ;) the only difference between the two is that the Royal room has a nicer ambiance and the shower room of the Royal Room also can be used as a steam room, and you can only stay for 2 hours inside the premium room while in Royal room, you can stay inside for 3 hours. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi,

    If you happen to look for a more luxurious health resort - then my i suggest you to check The Farm at San Benito. It's located at Lipa City, Batangas. Feel free to check our site and see if it's suits your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! for what is the 800 additional fee? hidden charges? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi kevin! no there are no hidden charges, the 800 pesos additional fee is for our requested room upgrade. :) The price of Php1,200 is for a Premium room and I wanted to upgrade us to a more beautiful room with a room with steam bath so we paid for the extra 800 to get the Royal room.

      Delete
  8. HI.!

    Its really good one..It will help all people who wants to get benefits from your services. Keep it up of these kind of blog posts. We are also serving our clients with spa london ontario . Hope you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey this one is the real one. i recently go through your post. good services provided by you. health care and spa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is good post, I have also seen this information here, evga support uk

    ReplyDelete