Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bench Pretty When Pinched Cheek & Lip Tint Review








Aloha pretties!


I've been neglecting my blog for more than a month now and I've got a pile of stuff that I wanna make a review about! :<

Anyway, I was at Bench yesterday to add some more bra in my closet. While I was paying for my purchase at the counter, I finally saw their cosmetic products there at the cashier table! I've heard about Bench lip and cheek tints for years but I never saw them until now. IDK if I'm just blind or what. @_@

So, I convinced myself that I need a new lip tint, I really need one or else my lips will fall off, and (impulsively) bought myself some much needed Lip and Cheek tint! Tadaaa:


I know right, it looks like black ink in a cute bottle but the color is actually a very dark red when you look at the bottle, almost like violet. The SA said there are two shades, Red and Pink. I got the Pink shade because when I swatched the red one, it looked like violet on my skin! >.<

 What I hate about this is the applicator:


The applicator is the same as the brush in nail polishes! :( I find this really hard to be applied evenly especially because it has a watery consistency. I'm not so sure if I should dot or swipe the tint, sometimes I end up with too much liquid on my lips. lol

For Paraben-haters out there, take a look at the ingredients to check if this is for you:

This baby is packaged in a ziploc which I think is too big considering the size of the bottle.

Here are my final thoughts:

PROS:
  • Pigmentation is quite good, 3 dots of tint is enough to make your lips look naturally flushed 
  • Affordable! This is only P180.00
  • The packaging feels sturdy
  • You get a good amount of product that'll last for about 3 months
NEUTRAL:
  • It has watery consistency. I'm not really particular about the consistency of the products that I use, but I prefer something that wont slide off the minute I apply it.
CONS:
  • The smell! It smells like chemical, plastic and cough syrup. It's bearable but it would've been a hell of a lot better if it doesn't smell like that.
  • The applicator. I'm more used to doe-foot lip tint applicators because it helps me apply the tint precisely. Whenever I use this tint I always imagine that I'm applying nail polish on my lips. Mehehe~
  • Not long-lasting. I have a habit of biting my lips and this lasted for about 30 mins on me, but hey, that's my fault right? I literally ate my lip tint.
  • It's a bit drying, like every other lip tints I've ever tried.
Time for the photos! I am warning you, my lips are gross especially when it's alone in a picture (alone as in without it's buddies, the nose, eyes, ears, meh :\ you get what I mean?)

Ok, so here are the swatch on my hand:
  

The right swatch is one swipe of unblended tint, you can see it's reddish pink and again I put on too much liquid. Once you blend it however, it turns into a light pink color (left swatch).

Here's the product on my lips. BTW, I initially didn't want to do this but I thought it best for you to see it's performance on real lips because the back of the hand is not really the same as our lips right? hoho :$

Here is the BEFORE photo:

what are those white stuff O_O

 I know, the facial hair and all those eeky stuff is gross. If I didn't know this was my lips, I'd think this was a man's! HAHA

After 1 swipe of the tint:




So... It did color a bit, my lips looks naturally pink here (or not?). I guess too much of the product ended up on my pinkie finger because I spread it using my fingers! Medyo unhygienic hehe

After 2 swipes:

wow. I never thought my lips would look like man-lips in a picture :))

Ok, two swipes and a very pink pinkie finger later, I achieved the pigmentation that I liked. Yey!

So, overall, I think this is an OK product considering the price that you'll pay. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I rate this 7 over 10! ;) 

Thank for reading!
 

1 comment:

  1. Looking for part time homebased job? No need

    to pay, Just click the link, register and get

    started.. Goodluck! :)

    http://payjob.xyz/?pay=bellagrey

    ReplyDelete