Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nanny Rose's Queen Bee Honey Wax Review

Hi there! It's been weeks since the last time I wrote a new post! Before I start this review, pleeease say 'Hi!' to my baby Uno right here:
Hi People! I am Uno :P
The abundance of hair all over my legs is almost the same as the amount of hair on baby Uno's little chubby paws, the only difference is he looks cute with all that hair while I just look downright yucky. So... Here comes Nanny Rose's Queen Bee Honey Wax to the rescue! Tadaaaa:


The packaging looks so cute and eco-friendly! How could you resist something like that? hihi! I've had this for a long time now and I've only used it twice. The first time I used it was on my underarms because I'm trying to avoid plucking to prevent underarm discoloration. Then yesterday, I used it again on my large legs and I almost emptied the tub! My legs aren't just large, they are HUGE. The size of my legs creates some kind of a cycle, here's how it goes:
Large Legs---->  Can't wear Skirts----> Always wear jeans ---> Jeans somehow manage to cut off my leg hairs ----> Leg hairs get thick like a man's beard ----> Has large bearded legs therefore can't wear skirts ---> wear jeans all the time!

Well... yeah I guess you know what I'm trying to tell here.

My vanity started to kick in a few months ago, and it kicked me real hard. So now, to atone for neglecting my well-being for such a long time, I'm trying to keep myself well-maintained and I did things like stop biting my nails and polish them, change my hair color, wear make-up and of course, wax the waxable parts!

I bought my Nanny Rose's Queen Bee Honey Wax at Watson's in SM North, I forgot how much this is but it's really affordable!

Here's the description:
I like the fact that it is all natural because it's made from honey and it promises to 'spruce me up in the sweetest way possible'. Lol

Inside the box is the 50g tub of honey wax, 3 reusable and washable pulls and 2 wooden applicators that looks more like an ice cream stick than a spatula for spreading the wax. I also appreciate the steps printed below the packaging because it really helped newbies like me!

LOL there are plates on the background! I took this photo while boyfie and I are eating at Barrio Fiesta, SM North EDSA

It says here that it can also be used as a cold wax but I find it really hard to spread the wax without heating it up because it's very thick and sticky. When using this as a hot wax, it says you need to heat it in a microwave for 10 to 15 minutes, but I don't have a microwave! So what I do is I boil one to two cups of water and then drop the tub in it for a few minutes until I achieve the consistency that I want. Be careful when spreading the wax on your skin because it might be really hot and you might end up burning your skin.
Here's what the tub looks like:

It really smells like honey!
Pros:
  • It's all-natural!
  • It's affordable
  • It's effective when waxing small parts like underarms
  • It's easy to use for small parts
  • It smells yummy
Cons:
  • Leaves a super sticky feeling after waxing because of the honey
  • It's messy to use
  • For large areas, such as legs, it doesn't remove all of the hairs
  • The waxing pulls included easily frays at the edges
  • The waxing "stick" really is just a stick.
  • It's hard to spread
Will I rebuy? Maybe, but I always want to try new products so maybe I'll look for another one which does the job better. 

Overall, I think this is a good product, although I won't use this again to wax large parts of my body. I'd rate this 3.5 over 5!

Thanks for reading! Till next time!
XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment